Monday, January 30, 2012

How old should I give my daughter a haircut?

She's going on 5 in few months, she's in preschool now. Her hair is like 6 inches away from her butt. No bangs, its full wavy/curly blonde with lots of baby hair in the front.How old should I give my daughter a haircut?
don't cut it. long hair is beautiful expecially in little girls. when we have a girl i don't think that we will cut it. only trim it a little. just pull it into pig tails or a pony tail. or you can french braid it.How old should I give my daughter a haircut?
Go ahead %26amp; have it trimmed. Have the beautician save the hair. Then send it to locks of love. It is a place that makes wigs out of real hair for children with childhood diseases that make them lose their hair. the website is www.locksoflove.com doing this may make her feel good about helping someone who really needs it.
Ask her first, and see how she feels about cutting her hair. But if anything it does need to be trimmed.
I guess since you waited this long you need to discuss this hair cut with your daughter. Especially if she is really attached to and likes her hair. I have never had really long hair, so I guess I give you a lot of credit for taking care of it for so long. Sounds like a pain to me. For me my daughter needs a hair cut every 3 months. I am trying to grow her hair out a little bit so she will have a bob, but when it gets to a certain stage she looks so shabby that I cant stand it. I just have to get over that ugly between stage so it will grow past her ears.
Your daughter's getting old enough where you can let her decide if she wants her haircut or left alone. By that age, my daughter begged me to cut her long beautiful hair because she hated getting it brushed every day. I cringed when she suggested a chin length style, but I went ahead and let the stylist do it. Now that its short, we couldn't be happier. She is able to wash and brush her own hair now (something that was impossible for her to do before). I'm not saying to just whack it all off, but listen to your daughter. If you're/she's happy with it, no need to change. But if you do decide to cut it, ask her opinion first.
When it looks like it needs it or when she wants it cut
I'd just give a little trim, sounds beautiful if its her first hair-cut Good Luck mine freaked out.
when her hair has split ends, is too long to take care of.. just needs attention ...
whenever you think it is too long. I got my little girls hair trimmed when she was 6 months old because it stayed in her face. its really just a matter of personal judgement. do you like her hair that long? or just never had it cut because you thought she was too young for a haircut?
hair to her but at age 5? thats a lil long for her age, cut it to like right past her shoulders or to the middle of her back.
It's too long for school. Either have it cut or put her hair in a pony tail everyday. She is old enough to brush it herself and it must be impossible for her to do so.
5 is a really fun age where they assert independence %26amp; are learning learning, learning!!!!! ask her! Does she want to cut it short, leave it long etc! Otherwise, just trim the ends :)


my daughter is growing her hair long, but wanted bangs. She is 5 too. :) If she doesnt seem interested in giving you feedback, I would just trim it to make it even, and healthy. Have fun
there's no age, just whenever you want!
Get it trimmed, at young ages they tend to get into stuff and other kids she interacts with might put stuff or pull the hair.
do it like this you should etc.....................................…
She must not have had much hair as a baby...My daughter had her first ';real'; hair cut at 4 months.
She could get her hair cut now if you really want her too, the only problem you should fear is that she might not be ready to cut it, but if its that's long and bothers you, you should cut it now and hopefully she willl like her new haircut. But you could probably do a lot of cute little girl styles with her hair!
i would cute it now and donate it to locks of love.they will cute a least 10 or 12 in.off.which is really not a lot,and she will still have lots of hair.
Oh, just spring for the $10 and take her to Super Cuts or something. Don't chance gimping her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment