Sunday, February 12, 2012

What would you do if you got overcharged for a haircut?

I went to get my haircut yesterday, when I walked in I aked how much it was for a shampoo, cut, and style. The woman told me it was $38. So she started to do my hair, she thought the cut I aksed for would be better done by the owner, so the owner introduced herself and did my hair.I did not like the cut, I had to explain it over and over again. She did not staighten my hair well, I told her I could haev done a better job at home. She got pissed when I asked her to do it better. SHe finished my hair, with an attitude! When she went to charge me, the recepit said $55! I got pissed off and asked why, I refused to pay any more than the sign said! Was I wrong? She did a bad job then got an attitude, then added on to the price for the heck of it! I felt that i was being messed with!What would you do if you got overcharged for a haircut?
The fact that they quoted you $38.00 to begin with is what they should stick to, even if they switched your cut to have the owner do it -- If the charge was higher to have the owner cut your hair, then that should have been stated up front before the owner even started cutting your hair.





Hair salon's do need to protect themselves from everyone coming in and saying that they don't like the cut. I hear you, however, as I've been pissed off also at some of the cuts that I've been given.





You did right by paying only what you were originally quoted.





One way to get the salon back is to tell everyone you know in that town what happened, name the salon. And then ask everyone you tell to pass it on.What would you do if you got overcharged for a haircut?
They should have told you that the price would be different because you were getting a different stylist. Once they quote you a price they have to honor it unless you get a extra service. They still need to let you know the new price.
There are very few hard and fast regulations regarding hair salons and how they conduct business. However, you are paying for a service and if that service is not done correctly, you have every right to complain, to report them to the Better Business Bureau, and to ultimately take legal action against them if you are not properly treated and/or compensated in the end. And yes, you were being messed with. The customer comes first, period, regardless of the industry.
I would not pay unless they took some money off. If they didn't, I would have walked right out and not pay a dime.
Sue them. I'm pretty sure there's a law that says they can't do that. False Marketing or something.





And, besides. With the money you'd get, that's worth quite a few haircuts...
It's happened to me. Last time I just wanted a trim in the front, like the bang area. She charged me for a full hair cut,but to top it off she was talking on the phone and cut a piece of my hair off that should not have been cut.So she royally screwed my hair up and charged me for it. I didn't realize she screwed up until I got home. I'm not going back to her.This happened a little over a month ago and I'm still pissed because this is going to take a long time to grow out. I'm not stepping foot in a salon ever again. Anyways, no you were not wrong. Oh yeah, if you live in MO. don't go to Olivia Brooke hair salon or The Spa't hair salon. They really suck!
she probably tacked on her tip just to be a *****, cause she knew you weren't gunna give her one. i'd give her the $38 dollars and never go back! i live in california and a good hairstylist one thats hip to the game is charging like 20 to 25 bucks for a shampoo, cut and style. Yea some of those ****** are nasty @ the salon. No, you weren't wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment