Tuesday, February 14, 2012

How much did a haircut cost in the 1950's?

What about other services a beautician might offer such as coloring, nails, and highlights?





I'm creating a poster and I want it to be as accurate as possible.How much did a haircut cost in the 1950's?
In Houston, I paid a dollar, but I had to look for a barber who would cut hair for a dollar; many charged more. In small cities, I suspect that the cost was substantially less. At any rate, look at the link below; perhaps it will serve as a springboard for your research.How much did a haircut cost in the 1950's?
I'm not sure about all that fancy stuff the gals got, but for a man it's as the the saying goes... ';A shave and a haircut, two bits.';





A bit being a quarter, therefore a shave and haircut was fifty cents.
In the 1950s, I paid anywhere from fifty cents to one dollar, depending on which barber shop I went to,
  • lip plumper
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment