Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What do u think is the best haircut for Havanese dogs?

I have a Havanese dog and normally we would get him puppy cuts. And I know that there are any other haircuts for Havanese dogs, do u happen to know some? Answer and put a link with a picture of it if u can. Thanks!What do u think is the best haircut for Havanese dogs?
there are a few different styles you could do, make it look like a schnauzer or a cocker spaniel body with a teddy bear face or like a westie clip or a puppy cut about 1 inch all over it just depends on what you think is cute find a groomer that your pet likes and ask them for advice any good groomer should be able to be creative and give you advice on what might look good on your dog What do u think is the best haircut for Havanese dogs?
It all depends upon your preference...


As one user said...cut him short if you are not showing him...


I take the opposite tack...


I am a professional dog groomer. I currently own 4 dogs so I don't have the time to ';muss and fuss'; (and my breeds don't require it anyway) . If, however, I only had 1 dog...a Havanse or Maltese of Shih Tzu, etc...I would brush and comb it daily and keep the long coat. Make sure especially around the ears, neck, armpits...take the collar off at night...It is not practical, I know, but it is beautiful. It only works though if you are willing to spend 1/2 - 1 hour per day grooming the dog properly. THen all the groomer needs to do is bath, brush, blow dry and comb, clean up the eyes, paws, ears, face.....and you won't beed it done as frequently as dogs that are allowed to get matted up to the skin!!!


GOod luck..


I have no pictures on hand...sorry...


If you are looking for practical..get what they call a ';kennel clip'; - one length all over....short....but you can ask for face, tail, ears to be left longer if you desire.


GOod luck
Do short haircuts if you aren't planning on showing him.
  • good eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment