Saturday, February 11, 2012

How much do I tip for a free haircut?

My best friend from high school is now the manager at a local hair salon and she does my family's hair for free. Myself, my husband, and our 3 year old daughter. I always tip her but I don't know how much to give her. The average price for a cut is about $15, sometimes I have my hair highlighted and that costs about $50. I really need some ideas on how much I should give her to compensate for the time she spends on our hair. How much do I tip for a free haircut?
Well for your kid and husband, they are probably easier... so I would just pay her $5, and you maybe $8-$10, she's doing it for free, so it might be nice to be generous. but a normal 15% would be about $2.25 for a haircut, and $7.50 for highlighting.How much do I tip for a free haircut?
Tip as though you were paying for it -- between 15 %26amp; 20% of whatever that visit would have cost.





The main way, however, is to invite her for dinner, do small favors, now and then give her little tokens of your gratitude.
I would give her what you think the cut is worth!


at least 拢10 to 拢20 (about $20 $30 I think)





You sound cheap only giving that much!!!
Despite being free, one always tips 15% of the pre-tax charged amount for any routine service given by a hairdresser, mechanic, etc.
I would give her about a 15%-20% on what everything would have cost





and thank you note would also be nice since she does it for free!!!
I would give her a $2 or $3 tip for regular hair cuts. For highlights and such, about $5.
If she's a good friend, you should just get her a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment