Friday, February 3, 2012

What is a good haircut for poofy thick hair?

I have thick, dry, poofy hair and i would like to keep it sort of long. Also what type of product should i use on it to keep it moist, sleek and frizz-less? i've pomade works good, but i'd like other people's opinions.What is a good haircut for poofy thick hair?
i also have extremely thick hair and its curly! I keep it very long and lots of layered. when its so thick it is very heavy and when it is long it kind of stretches the curls out so they are not so tight and crazy. but be sure to keep lots of layers, just not too short in the front, this also tames curly hair and makes it look sexy. as far as products- your guess is as good as mine... lol i use a ton of gel, and mousse, pomade makes my hair greesy and takes away my curls. but you can also use a curl enhancing cream instead of or in addition to gel- if you have curly hair. i see you didnt make that clear... lol but try a cream regardless of the texture of your hair.What is a good haircut for poofy thick hair?
Hi:


my daughter has the kind of hair you have described...she keeps her hair longer with layers and asks her hairdresser to thin thin thin it out! As for product, definitely check out DEVACURL (see url below) She bought the book (curlygirl) and the products and her hair is lovely now!
I wouldn't go with layers because you said your hair is thick so if it is really humid outside it's going to look crazy with all the layers cut in.
you should try herble essecnce or therma silk


i hav(had i got my hair thinned last tues) really thik hair and it frizzed those r great products


also u might want 2 try getting your hair thinned
ask a stylist about a uniform coupe cut with a razor (look it up). it sounds like a car! They prob wont know the cut by name, but its lightly layered and you can keep it fairly long. Also - I cannot say enough how much I love Japanese Straightening. Its somewhat gentle on your hair, real expensive though, and lasts about six months. Also, if you decide to get a cut, ask them to thin your hair- it'll remove those ';poofy'; pieces. All these methods sound ';dangerous'; like you'll be shaved bald, but they are great hair tips. Redken products are really good for styling
Long layers are really the only choice. Don't even try to pull off bangs unless you want to straighten them every morning.





After I take a shower, I put on biosilk to make my hair smooth and Matrix curling milk to define my curls. Then, I wrap up my hair with a shirt (towels create friction which leads to frizz). When my hair is about half dry, I scrunch it upward a little and then let it airdry.
Layers, layers, and more layer is the style you want (I know cause my hair is the same way)! Garnier Fructis makes a ';sleek and shine'; line that works great for frizz!
shave it all off...hot! ;-)
Mr friend has the same kind of hair and she got it cut about 2 and a half inches below her shoulders and it looks great and so much better. I don't know about layers though because wouldn't that make it look thicker. My hair is straight and I got layers and it made it look thicker so I'm assumming it would do the same to you. Good luck!
I too have thick dry poofy hair.. i get a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.. like Finesse or Dove I use hair gel that allows movement, I also use Frizzezz hair serum. and I use aussie hairspray that allows for movement.





I also wash my hair in tepid or lukewarm water to stop damaging the hair shaft. I also avoid brushing my hair while its wet.. i use a wide teeth comb.. Also having your hair layerd helps too to make it lay flatter against your head...


long layers are best.

No comments:

Post a Comment