Sunday, February 5, 2012

Any tips to bringing you infant with you when you get a haircut?

I'm a single mom with a six week old baby. I want to get my haircut, but I need to bring the baby with me. Has anyone else ever gotten their hair cut with a baby on their lap? Any tips?Any tips to bringing you infant with you when you get a haircut?
Actually I did when my daughter was a newborn. I actually nursed her while I got my haircut. I checked with the girl who was cutting my hair to see if it was alright, and then I just kept my daughter under the drape. It worked beautifully. Any tips to bringing you infant with you when you get a haircut?
i think it would be fine, so much for my mother of the year award if it wasn't because i am a hair stylist and my 4 week old has been going to work with me for 2 weeks now. yes i am in a very well ventilated area, and everything i use is low ammonia so you can't even smell it. just keep them in the carseat and put a blanket over it so they aren't covered in hair. defineteley wash your hair before going because that will eliminate time and walking around the salon to a shampoo bowl.
I have many times. Try to go during a sleepy time. Then with luck they will fall asleep in their car seat on the way there and stay sleeping. Then you can just leave in them in their seat by your chair. If you do have to hold the baby don't worry, most stylist are used to little kids having to come with mom, they are usually very helpful!
Just leave the baby in his/her car seat, and set on the floor (or chair if it fits) next to you. I'm not sure a stylist would want to take the risk of cutting your hair with a tiny baby on your lap. Your baby could be injured many ways and the salon will not want to be liable.
I put my little one in a car seat in the stroller while I got my hair cut and if he needed to be nursed, I did that during my hair cut. Like the other person suggested, just check with the stylist first. Congrats on your little one. The hair cut will make you feel good, it did in my case.
not on the lap, but I do wait until its longest nap in the day, call ahead of time and make sure they are ready for me when I arrive, and make sure baby falls asleep in the stroller (i dont drive just walk everywhere).
I don't think the baby on the lap is the best idea. I would bring a stroller....... do a lap around the block outside of the salon.... and I bet she will fall asleep..... then go in.... park the stroller next to you.... and get your hair cut.
If its just a trim then it shouldnt take too long. I would suggest bringing your baby in in the car seat (if you have one of those base/detachable ones) - the baby will most likely sleep the whole time.
No but I got a blow dry. Someone will probably offer to hold him for you. Wash your hair at home to minimize the time in the chair. My daughter loves the salon...so much to look at.
I schedule my haircuts around his nap schedule.
  • good eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment