Sunday, February 5, 2012

How much should I tip the stylist for a 70-80 dollar haircut at a nice salon?

And since the place does not accept gratuities on credit cards, should I slip the stylist cash after he is done?How much should I tip the stylist for a 70-80 dollar haircut at a nice salon?
If you feel they did an amazing job, I would tip atleast 20%. If the job was ok, then I suggest giving 15%. I usually tip 30 bucks for a 130 dollar haircut.





I would just slip them the cash =)How much should I tip the stylist for a 70-80 dollar haircut at a nice salon?
If you feel you receive good service you should tip what you feel is right. Personally I would recommend 10-15 dollars based upon your info provided. I am a guy, and I typically pay about 25.00 for a haircut. I give my stylist a 5 dollar tip, provided I feel the service was adequate. There are some websites out there that can give you tipping guidelines for all service professionals from garbage collectors to mail carriers. Just do a search for tipping guidelines and you can learn a bunch!
General tipping rule is tip around 15%, so between around 10 and 15 is about right. I'm not really sure about how to give it to him...
$10 cash tip, folded, discreetly handed over.
10 to 15 percent. 7.00 to 12.00
At least 20%, which in this case is about $14-16. But if you aren't satisfied, you don't need to leave them anything.
to answer your question about whether you should slip your stylist the tip, at the end when they're ringing you up I reach for their hand, say something along the lines of ';You did a great job, I love it, etc etc'; and just leave the money in their hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment